ink levels wrongly reported

mandywr

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an epson D92 inkjet. It used to work fine but recently it has started giving inconsistent reports of empty cartridges. For example, it reports the black cartridge empty [it is not as it was only recently inserted and I can hear the ink when I shake it]. I extract the black cartridge, clean the nozzles with lint free cloth ;shake well then re-insert. Sometimes this fixes the problem, but usually not. The next time it may report for example blue and yellow empty but black OK. Repeating the process I may get yellow and red empty , but black a and blue OK. The problem is that I rarely get the situation where all 4 cartridges are deemed non empty, so I cannot print. None of the 4 are in fact empty, each one having been recently replaced. It is possible that black is low, as I only print in black, but have only printed about 50 pages of not very dense printing.. The cartridges are not Epson cartridges but are compatibles. These are the same set of cartridges that used to print OK, so it is probably not a cartridge problem.The printer seems happy with them, and it is only recently that this empty problem has reared its head..

I have tried removing all 4 cartridges [printer switched off] , cleaning everything in sight and re-inserting ,in the order blue; yellow; red ;black. [the cartridge vendor suggested this] This process did work a couple of times , but no longer.

I reinstalled the printer driver with a new driver from Epson. This has not helped [ and has led to other problems which I will not go into here].

I could , of course, replace the nearly full cartridges with new ones, but I have little faith that this would work for long. Has anyone any suggestions [such as how to disable the fault ink level detection].

I am at my wits end. Can onyone help me please.

Latest posts