Inconsistent paper alignment with Epson R2400

pedz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
We have started an address label business and are using an Epson R2400 to print. When it works everything looks perfect. But often the paper is slightly offline or gets caught and it prints just a hair off alignment. Unfortunately that hair is enough to force us to waste resources and print again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get more consistent alighnment on paper or to better ensure it goes through smoothly? Also, if you think there are other types of printers better suited to this need I would love to hear about them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Peter

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
AFAIK address labels do not require very good precision. Are you printing direct on envelopes? I don't understand the problem.

pedz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am printing on 8.5x11 label sheets, not envelopes. They are not wide stock, standard thickness. What happens is many pages we print come out with the printing off by a hair, and when printing a sheet of 12 labels it is noticable, especially when there is a pattern on the label. Just trying to understand what the best method for this type of printing is. I am new to this and not familiar with the ideal equipment for this type of printing.

Also, what is AFAIK?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Peter

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
pedz said:
I am printing on 8.5x11 label sheets, not envelopes. They are not wide stock, standard thickness. What happens is many pages we print come out with the printing off by a hair, and when printing a sheet of 12 labels it is noticable, especially when there is a pattern on the label. Just trying to understand what the best method for this type of printing is. I am new to this and not familiar with the ideal equipment for this type of printing.

Also, what is AFAIK?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Peter
AFAIK means As Far As I Know

Every printer if it's not a printing press will have some misalignment in the direction that it grabs paper. There are sensors to prevent this but I guess they are not so sensitive. That’s why you can’t print two times on a page and get the image to match. Usually one of them is misaligned.

Sorry don't know any affordable printer that doesn't have this problem.