i960 Magenta prints pretty symetrical squares but not a complete block

cprems

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Guru's,

I have a wonderful Canon i960 that I just finished giving a good clean. I have tried to no avail almost all the cleaning techniques suggested on here and cannot get the Magenta to print a solid block with the nozzle check. I have swapped cartridges and still no luck. I can print a pretty "block" but none of the ink meshes together (leaving white vertical & horizontal lines in the block) Has anyone run across this before.

What I have tried

New refilled cartridge
cleaning cartridge (good cleaning one)
several HOT water soaks
Normal cycle cleans
deep cycle cleans
cleaning solution flushed through cartridge
Printed a 6 band color from Neil Slade's website

I refill my own carts using Formulab's ink. I have used this ink for a while with absolutely no problems.
I am really at a loss of what to do next.

I appreciate your help,

Ian

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
cprems,... Scan a copy of your nozzle check print and then enhance it so the colors are very vivid. Then use the upload function at the top of the forum to unload your scanned image in jpg format. It will apprear in your post and then we can see what you are talking about.

cprems

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Trigger 37 said:
cprems,... Scan a copy of your nozzle check print and then enhance it so the colors are very vivid. Then use the upload function at the top of the forum to unload your scanned image in jpg format. It will apprear in your post and then we can see what you are talking about.
I do not currently have access to a scanner. I will try to get access and upload soon.

Ian