HP Everyday Photo Paper- dust/debris all over straight out of the box!

whitewallpaul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with 3 Star HP Everyday Photo Paper??

The ink won't set in certain spots. Looks like dust settling in the ink. I figured there can't be that much dust inside the new printer. Maybe the ink is wet as its coming off and dust settling there. Nope, thats not it...

I check a fresh sheet of HP Photo paper straight out of the box, dust and debris all over it!!

No wonder the ink can't set-- its trying to print on a bunch of crap

Please tell me this isn't normal...

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I just opened a brand new package I purchased a couple months ago and it looked perfectly clean and normal--no dust or any kind of extraneous debris. When you say you checked a fresh sheet, was this from a freshly opened box or had it been opened a long time ago? If it was a long time ago, maybe you should see if there is any kind evidence of insects having gotten in there and made a feast.

P

pgobkac

I use HP Everyday all the time. Staples often has it for rebate so it works out to $0.02 per sheet plus sales tax. IIRC, I occasionally notice some unprinted spots, but my expecations are low.

whitewallpaul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
I just opened a brand new package I purchased a couple months ago and it looked perfectly clean and normal--no dust or any kind of extraneous debris. When you say you checked a fresh sheet, was this from a freshly opened box or had it been opened a long time ago? If it was a long time ago, maybe you should see if there is any kind evidence of insects having gotten in there and made a feast.
This is a recently opened box stored in a drawer-- pulled a sheet from the middle of the deck and same thing...

Maybe it was a batch from the end of a production run or something

Glad to know its not normal! This stuff is cheap and its working out well for what I need aside from the dust-- try another box

thanks again

Paul

geocha

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am wondering if this paper works with the ip4600 and octoinks.... I found them at 7.50 euros 2x100 A4 sheets

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
I know that this is an old post and question, but in case it's still floating out there, the answer is "Yes!" More like, "Hell, yes!"

I use it in a Canon ip4300, set the paper to Glossy (a generic setting), and perfect-o mund-o.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Ahh, what is the question for which the answer is "Yes!"?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I think ghwellsjr has been watching kung foo movies this weekend.

9413413669d403e86f7c2d9c3b058de1_1M.png