HP 78s Part II

doctorevil

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
sorry to dig up an ancient thread but I'v got some questions about the trusty ole hp78s

I've been refilling these with varying degrees of success mainly with jettec ink which isn't very true to the first print run of the oem cart, is there a better ink available for this cart?, my printer is actually used mainly for printing onto cds and dvds so I'm not after photo quality but the ink I use is a bit duller to say the least esp with black even though I stick with the hp c8842a cart for black because they last for ever in my machine

Also how much ink do these things take in after being drained, the most Ive got into one chamber is 10ml but I thought they were 38ml total have I been missinformed?

do these carts need flushing with water or is normal air purging enough? (I refill by hand using syringes)

what is the max ammount of fills I should expect from a hp78 cart?

I recently filled one up with yellow but it doesnt print the yellow have I burnt the head out?

can a hp78 be ressurrected if it was run till nearly empty but not completely and then left for a long period of time so it has dried out?

when should I refil the carts - as soon as I notice a colour start fading on the print?

sorry if some of these questions have been asked many times before I'm quite new to all this