Howdy From Houston, Texas

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Did you look on CraigsList? No rebate required! People commonly buy a camera and purchase the printer then sell the printer. There are several listings in my area starting at $160. YMMV.

The Pro-100 is a superb printer of the dye ink variety. You would not use this for text usually because there is no pigment black ink cartridge. This is an excellent photo printer by most all accounts.

The OEM CLI-42 Yellow can become congealed and clog up the print head after several refills. There are at least two threads on the forum about this and more research is ongoing. The suggested work flow is to use the OEM Yellow that comes with the printer, harvest the chip and secure to a old CLI-8 cartridge, and then toss the CLI-42 cartridge in the garbage. Refill inks are compatible without reaction in the CLI-8 cartridge (though the CLI-8 should be purged before use).

Precision Colors sells all the refilling needs for the Pro-100 in North America. See their info and products at http://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42.html. If you prefer buying from Great Britain then go to Octoinkjet. You may find others around the world selling high quality ink but these two are trusted members of the forum and sell high quality inks.

A search on the forum here for "Pro-100" or "CLI-42" should yield the threads about the yellow jello ink reaction and what to do. It does require an extra step in enjoying your printer. I would not be dissuaded from purchasing the Pro-100 at all becuse of this OEM ink issue with refilling. One and done with the problem!

Last edited:

cooltouch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother All In One
Thanks for the follow up. I'll have a look at Craigslist. And if I end up with a Pro-100 I will definitely follow the forum's advice.