how to unclog pixma 4200

dsixteen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi
i didnt use my pixma 4200 fow a while. when i had a nozle check and cyan is completely blocked. how can i clean printhead myself. i tried deepclean several times but didnt work:(

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Take a paper towel fold it over till four layers thick. Moisten this towel and squeeze out excess water.
Remove the cartridges and keep upright in a sealed bad or container. Carefully remove the printhead by flipping the lever up and removing the subassembly. Put the lever back down adterwards. Carefully place the printhead nozzles on the paper towel and leave there for a hour or so.
After this you can replace and do a nozzle check. If you still can't get it going, remove the printhead assembly assembly again. This time you will start a faucet with hot water running and adjust till you have s slow steady stream of hot water. Place the printhead nozzle at an angle so that water does not run on the electrical contacts. Rinse the nozzles for about two minutes. Turn the printhead over and confirm that colored water or ink is coming out of the ports on the other side. Pay attention to the color you're not getting to print. Dry up the excess on the inlet side. Replace and you're likely to be good to go again.