How to force Cannon Printers to Print Borderless A5 Paper

ergun

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Printer iX6850
Hi, I have a Canon ix6850 printer which has a borderless printing option but the Cannon software doesn't supper A5 paper size for borderless printing.
Is there a way to force/bypass the Cannon software so I can print borderless A5 paper?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Is there a way to force/bypass the Cannon software so I can print borderless A5 paper?
The simplest answer is no, and yes its crazy when it will print A4 borderless and wont print the A5 landscape, technically for paper handling it’s the same Feckin size..

There is no way to get around this except to cut the white border off afterwards, anyway printing borderless sure makes a real mess inside your printer.. I’ve always avoided doing so..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I only know from Epson printers that you can insert A5 landscape , select A4 borderless and it is printing borderless on 3 sides, the printers have a paper sensor for the trailing edge which detects as well that the A5 paper is too short and stops printing a few mm before the trailing edge.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Could you tape an extra strip of paper, maybe one cm or half an inch wide to the trailing edge of the paper and so also have the trailing edge printed borderless?