how do i reset the inkpad counter on artisan 810

hawk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am getting "the printer's ink pads are nearing the end of their life." message.
I have had a wast ink bottle system on my Artisan 810 scene it was new so it's not full.
I downloaded a reset-er program and when I ran the program it tells me that that I don't need to reset the counter, but every time I turn on the printer I still get the ink pad message.
Is there any way to reset the error message?

I am also having a problem with my yellow ink not printing.
I am almost sure that it is clogged I use a ciss and have for years on other Epson printers.
About a 2 months ago the yellow ink tube got pinched and stopped the flow of ink the ink dried in the cartridges before I found it.
I cleaned it out and refilled it but it was to late.

I have tried many different things to fix the problem but none have worked.

I bought a head cleaning kit that had new cartridges and reset chips with cleaning fluid.

For the last week I have use Windex in the capping station and let it soak over night.

I also tried mikling's post on air bubbles in the "feed tube" of Epson 710

Is there anyway to take the print-head out clean the head if not does anyone have a fix for this?

The printer is not even a year old yet I hate to have to trash it and buy a new one.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Unfortunately the Artisan 810 can only be reset using the WICReset utility so you have to pay for each time you want to reset... It's around $10 though so small price.

I'm assuming you've tried the Epson version of their IPR but frankly the amount of info' I've had back about it, it's basically a piece of useless cr*p that often doesn't work.

All the other stuff you've tried is sadly redundant as the counter is not controlled by a sensor but a guesstimated memory bit that's handled by the printers internal firmware.

Everything I have on the Artisan 810 is available here:
http://www.octoinkjet.co.uk/qf/artisan_810

... and the info on waste ink/service required is here:
http://www.octoinkjet.co.uk/waste/

Hope that's of use..

Martin

hawk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hawk said:
I am also having a problem with my yellow ink not printing.
I am almost sure that it is clogged I use a ciss and have for years on other Epson printers.
About a 2 months ago the yellow ink tube got pinched and stopped the flow of ink the ink dried in the cartridges before I found it.
I cleaned it out and refilled it but it was to late.

I have tried many different things to fix the problem but none have worked.

I bought a head cleaning kit that had new cartridges and reset chips with cleaning fluid.

For the last week I have use Windex in the capping station and let it soak over night.

I also tried mikling's post on air bubbles in the "feed tube" of Epson 710

Is there anyway to take the print-head out clean the head if not does anyone have a fix for this?

The printer is not even a year old yet I hate to have to trash it and buy a new one.
Any one have any suggestion onthe other problem.:(

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
You could try this:

- Refill the capping/cleaning station with your windex solution (ensure the printhead is located in the park position)
- Fill a syringe with a 10+ml of the small solution
- connect the syringe to a suitable diameter tube that will snugly fit over the cartridge receiver nipple/stem
- Gently!! push and pull the solution through the system to try and loosen the clog
- Avoid forcing it, but let the solution work from both sides of the clog for a couple of hours and repeat...
- Keep repeating as last two steps required until you finally get a release of any holding pressure (ie: clog releasing)

Once it's released gently push the cleaning solution into the printhead so you have a solution rather than air in the tube/nozzles then replace the cartridge.

With a little luck that should resolve things... I would definitely take a long hard look at the feed tubing in the printer to see if there's now a worn in kink/fold in the tubing as that would inevitably cut flow to the printhead with each printhead pass and stress the printhead considerably.

Fingers crossed all the way though

Martin