Home Printer Only allows to view in A4 format

Hawkmoon45

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Friends
AT home like most people I have an A4 printer.
When working in Excel, Visio, and other programs if I want to view what my task will look like when I print it the next day at work on an A3 printer I can't it will only allow me to view it as A4.
I have tried downloading Drivers for an A3 printer but they need that I conect to the printer.
Especialy when using Visio where you will do a drawing to scale, it will show your work space including measurements as A4 (210mm x 296mm) maximum.
I can use the printer at work to print in A3, so for my hobby at present which demands that I need to work at a scale of 1:1, I wish to do my design work at home and then print at work. But at present the drawing hangs of the edge of the A4 sheet.
I work in maintenance and do have the chance to use the computers and printers in the office, but I do not want to abuse my privlages by having to reformat my own work in company time.

What can I do ?
Has any one a solution ???
Thanks Gary

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
You might be able to:
- install the printer driver for your A3 work printer at home and give it an LPT1 port to get it to continue
- In the printer & faxes listing set the printer to "use printer offline"

That may give you the ability to work with the printer driver but not need the printer physically there..

Hawkmoon45

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you Websnail, it worked a treat!:)
I have a Canon Pixma IP4000 (capable of A4 only)
I downloaded drivers for a Canon IX4000 (capable of A3), as you said selected port LPT1 and set it to work offline in Printers and Faxes.
Thanks Gary (A fellow Yorkshireman now living in Oz)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hawkmoon45 said:
Thank you Websnail, it worked a treat!:)
I have a Canon Pixma IP4000 (capable of A4 only)
I downloaded drivers for a Canon IX4000 (capable of A3), as you said selected port LPT1 and set it to work offline in Printers and Faxes.
Thanks Gary (A fellow Yorkshireman now living in Oz)
Glad it worked... :)