Hi...problem with my new epson c48

lozkin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought a new epson c48 with original epson cartridges.....first few times i printed it was fine, but the last 3 occasions ive printed, its come out nearly all green! my ink levels are fine, not sure what the problem is

can anyone help??

thanks

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Well....it sounds like your blue and yellow are mixing, or have been incorrectly inserted. First, make sure all colour cartridges are in the correct slots.
Secondly, on a piece of paper, draw a red, yellow, and blue box, and print it out. That will tell you which cartridge is the culprit. If it is not that, then you have a leak - either the yellow is leaking into the cyan chamber, or vice versa, indicating a printhead problem.

If all this fails, your printer is under warranty and should be replaced

Good luck!!

lozkin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
thanks for that! ill give those things a go....i only have 1 colour cartridge though which goes in 1 slot, and a black cartridge....ill check they're in properly

lozkin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i took both cartridges out, and put them securely in the slots, i done the coloured box thing as advised and they came out fine, so i continued printing and everything was as it should be until this morning when i tried to print again, and noticed something wasnt right, so i went through the above procedure and printed out the three coloured boxes...the red and blue were fine, but the yellow box just wasnt there...i tried again a couple of times but there was just no yellow box....my pc is telling me that there is ink in the yellow chamber, and i took the cartridge out and can see ink in there

can anyone advise what to do? sorry if im being an annoying noob :)

thanks

lauren

Mikeburton

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There could be an air bubble in the tube that takes the yellow ink. Once left for a while the bubble will rise and allow printing. After a few pages the bubble will be drawn to the head and stop the ink. Try running a head clean or two to suck the bubble out.

If you can't make it work right call Eposon NOW. You only have 28 days to get a new one - after that your onto refurbished stock.