Hi every one

hmz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson - Canon
Hi Printerknowledge community!

I m interesting in edible printing ( cakes especially), In my quest for this theme I found useful information on this forum,

For now I m using an epson CIS L110 for tests with kopykae edible ink, I have some interesting result, but I m looking for a flatbed system.

I hope learn more and share my experiences with you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @hmz and welcome, Epson printers do better using eatable ink but I reckon a flatbed would be out of the question, it would be to complicated and expensive to operate and maintain.
Post a photo of your work for us please...:drool.

hmz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson - Canon
Hi Mod,

Thank you for rep, however you intriged me by the complication that could have a flatbed printer ??

Right now I am testing with a regular Epson, I will share some work

It will be an interesting discussion on edible flatbed printers on the forum.

I have also a project to convert a reg printer to a flatbed one ;D

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Converting a household inkjet to a "flatbed" style should be possible. Bear in mind that the clearance between the printhead and media is quite close and not tolerant to large variation for acceptable "photo" or "printed text" results. I assume you intend to print directly upon "edible media" of some type. You will need to maintain that "media" very close to a flat plane...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think the most common way of cake printing is to print the image using edible inks on sheets of edible paper.

If you want to convert an ordinary Epson printer to a flatbed printer then you find a suggestion here, IKEA style. The link was posted by @Smile here.