help with 2 missing pages on this book.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi I wonder if anyone could help.

I am looking for these pages 44 and 45 pages in this book The Evelyn Wood 7-Day Speed Reading & Learning Program. I am trying to recommend this book to my family member who is lacking some learning skills. I remembered reading this book many many years ago when I was younger. So I went to my local library to find this book but this book is no longer available in the library catalogue. I went to my local book stores but they too don't have this book in their listing. I found there is a copy of this ebook online but unfortunately they all seems to be missing the page 44 and 45. When I was reading this book in my younger days, I don't remember there were any missing pages.

The Evelyn Wood speed reading book was the first book I got exposure to the concept of speed reading many years ago and there were a few books later on as years passed but I can't quite remember the titles. Quite a number of those books which were available back then in my times, were strangely no longer in the library and my local book store. Maybe there are better books out there now but I am not too sure which are the ones now.

I attended a speed reading class many years ago (not evelyn wood speed reading program) which was pretty good, they have this physical equipment/ tools that help you to push you read faster at the beginning stage of the course. This equipment or tools used in the course which I found it to be quite good as it helps you grasp the concept of the eye movements in the initial stage and also because it moves so fast it prevent the habits of sub-vocalization. We would later learn to speed reading without this equipment/tools. This equipment/tools is like a timer and it moves downwards covering the lines of words so it forces to read faster. I wish someone with mechanical or technical background could make this as I tried to persuade him to attend this course, but he is at this age where he is very resistance to recommendation. So I tried to explain the technique to him but I believe the equipment/tool would help him to better comprehend what I was saying. As I was unsuccessful in persuading him to attend the course, I tried to ask the course center if I could purchase this tool but the center wouldn't allow purchase. So how I hope someone could make this small equipment.

While there is speed reading software available that simulates the equipment, i still find the physical equipment/tools much better then software for initial learning of the concept.

Appreciate if anyone has a copy of the Evelyn Wood book page 44 and 45, if it's possible to let me know the content on this 2 pages? I hope to get him interested in speed reading like I once was.