Help! Printer 1280 Epson

VitaKing

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I have an Epson 1280 with a CIS but unfortunately the yellow line got some bubbles and do not know what to do with it. The Yellow ink is not printing too with half filled cartridge. I tried following the maintenance recommendation several times, 6 X to be exact but still does not work.

Questions, How do I remove the air bubbles from the CIS line?

What do you think I need to do?

How do I know if the printhead is busted? Every color is printing except for the Yellow.

Anyway, is there anyone of you who knows where I can have this repaired that wont charge me an arm and leg in the Area of Queens and Long Island New York because I think I messed up the print head?

Another question:

In your experience what could be the best inkjet printer that could be fitted with CIS? Nothing fancy or expensive.

Thank you much in advance

Vita King

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
VitaKing said:
I have an Epson 1280 with a CIS but unfortunately the yellow line got some bubbles and do not know what to do with it. The Yellow ink is not printing too with half filled cartridge. I tried following the maintenance recommendation several times, 6 X to be exact but still does not work.

Questions, How do I remove the air bubbles from the CIS line?

What do you think I need to do?
What you need is a syringe and a bottom fill adaptor or similar to basically pull the ink through the CIS system into the yellow part of the cartridge. Both of these can be purchased from inksupply.com which is a lot more local than me :)

How do I know if the printhead is busted? Every color is printing except for the Yellow.
It's highly unlikely that the yellow alone would be affected as the Epson printheads are pretty resilient and long lasting.. Mainly because they use a cold process... It's more likely you have an air foam or bubbles stopping ink from feeding properly into the head. So the problem is more likely resolve by pulling ink through as noted above.

Anyway, is there anyone of you who knows where I can have this repaired that wont charge me an arm and leg in the Area of Queens and Long Island New York because I think I messed up the print head?

Another question:
Don't know of anyone local but I'm pretty sure you can manage this yourself with a little patience and the tools noted above.

In your experience what could be the best inkjet printer that could be fitted with CIS? Nothing fancy or expensive.
The HP Officejet printers are a piece of proverbial p*ss to install a CIS to as the CIS is already pretty much installed but frankly your printer is one of the easier ones too... No reason why you can't get it up and running. I wouldn't give up yet.