Hello from Ottawa, Canada

mbdolan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L805
Hello, I am coming to you from Ottawa, Canada. I have printed many photos over the years but for the last ten years I have focused on photobooks and left the printing to the photobook companies. Now I again wish to print photos and to make my own photobook with my 8.5x11 prints (and then hire someone to do the binding and covers). After researching printers, I purchased an Epson L805 -- from Taiwan, as it is not available from Epson in Canada or the US.

I wish to use either Epson´s Metallic Glossy paper or the Ultra Premium. I am uncertain as to the ICC profile for these papers. I have gone onto Epson websites in countries where this model is sold -- in Poland, India and Singapore (and have sent requests still unanswered) to download the appropriate profiles but so far to no avail. Might that be because the profiles are built into the driver and I just need to select the appropriate paper? Also, there is no special setting for the metallic glossy paper. Should I use the glossy ultra setting as I do for the Ultra Premium? Finally, I have printed on both papers using that setting and the results are very satisfying. Maybe I should leave it at that, but if I am missing something by not having the ICC profiles, I would like to obtain them. My pc is Windows 10 64 and I use Lightroom and Affinity Publisher. Thanks anyone in advance for your advice and suggestions. Finally, I became interested in this community because of an exchange in 2019 about the L805 and the amazing discussion of inks by Ink Stained Fingers. Cheers.

Last edited: