Got new print head wf-7610, need new ink.

izlude

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
wf-7610
Hello, first time post. Firstly, I use an Epson wf-7610. Before I post my life's story, the quick question is, is there a good pigment ink out there comparable to the old brand "Inkjetcarts"? My applications are 13x19 satin paper prints, heat transfers like 3G Opaque and JPSS, documents and crafts (cardstock).

OK, Here's a bit of backstory of what I used before and why I'm looking for a better brand:

Originally used Cobra ink. The CISS didn't like their magenta, ever... it didn't really clog in the print head itself, but in the main tank and tubes of the CISS. Seemed like the cart wasn't really filling up. Nozzle checks gave blank lines. When I manually filled the magenta cart, it printed normally for a little bit till it ran out. Bought a new CISS, worked for a little while, then the same thing happened again. I figured Cobra just had thicker ink than most. That's when I found inkjetcarts, it was perfect in every way. Never clogged, beautiful color... but the brand disappeared... Eventually, Cobra brand died too, but a company called Walaink took their formula, tried it.. same drama..

In the meantime, I tried cheaping out and bought an ebay print head replacement and using epson's T542 bottles in a CISS (pigment), but those ebay heads always have missing lines, I just chucked it and now I have Epson ink sitting in a CISS (been there since August)... finally buckled down and bought a proper print head replacement, not cheap... like $250 from the UK, shipped to the US. It arrived today, but now I need some good ink. I technically could buy new bottles of Epson's T542 and try again, since I wouldn't dare use the old one that I still have sitting there.. (settling of pigments or coagulation might have occurred). I'm prepared to buy a new empty CISS and even refillable carts, just in case I run into the magenta issue again, I can fall back on a proper refillable cart. Should I go with the T542 inks again? or is there a better option out there?

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Eventually, Cobra brand died too, but a company called Walaink took their formula, tried it.. same drama..
'Same drama' - with different inks - I have some reservations that all the reported problems are just a matter of the 'wrong' ink; I rather would assume that there are some functional problems with the CISS - e.g. wrong internal pressure in the tubes from a wrong ink level - impacting the ink ink flow - or air in the tubes or...... A CISS is just not something you install and forget.

I first would try to run the new printhead with a set of genuine Epson cartridges to exclude ink issues and other problems outside the printhead, and then switch over to refill cartridges and stay with them.

You may have a look to the Epson genuine bottled pigment inks T113 for the ET-5150 or similar office oriented printers - numbers may vary in different business regions.