Glossy Paper for Canon Pixma MP810?

keith_thfc

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Pixma MP810 and was curious to know what paper and quality setting(s) other folk use for printing 6x4 snapshots?

Canon's own glossy 6x4 papers seem quite expensive compared to own-brand paper you can get from 3rd party suppliers. But I'm not sure if these are worth using, and if so, which quality setting I should use.

Thanks all.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
In general, You'll certainly get good results on most glossy papers using the "photo paper pro" setting. If you are looking for a bargain as far as paper is concerned, try the Kirkland paper from Costco. Rumour has it that this will not be available for much longer. Canon has a new, lighter weight glossy paper whixh is extremely reasonable..it is called "photo paper glossy"

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Office Depot is always having a 2 for the price of 1 sale on some kind of paper, so if you want to buy Canon paper, keep checking their ads or dropping by a store until the one you want is on sale.

keith_thfc

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Manuchau said:
In general, You'll certainly get good results on most glossy papers using the "photo paper pro" setting. If you are looking for a bargain as far as paper is concerned, try the Kirkland paper from Costco. Rumour has it that this will not be available for much longer. Canon has a new, lighter weight glossy paper whixh is extremely reasonable..it is called "photo paper glossy"
Cheers for that.

Do you know what the difference is between using the Photo Paper Pro setting and the standard 'glossy paper' setting if using non-Canon paper?