G&G or MMC for Prefilled Carts?

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which prints better photo quality pictures, the G&G or MMC prefilled carts? I'm using them in a Pixma IP5000. I don't really care about text or anything as long as the text is readable. It used to be recommended to get G&G or to fill you own carts, but what is recommended now if you are just using prefilled ones. I can get G&G carts for around $81 or MMC for about $65 for the amount I plan on buying. Which brand causes less leakage usually? Thanks.

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
I've used the G&C cartridges in my Pixma MP600 with very good results. I use the CLI8-PGI5 cartridges. I got them from Swift Ink with a 50% off coupon. I have had excellent customer service with them. They are very responsive to emails and I believe the owner follows these forums.

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks, but is the 50% coupon thing still going? I've never purchased from them before. I usually use Alotofthings or Inkgrabber.

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
I got the 50% coupon off a computer bulletin board I frequent. They currently don't have any coupons posted for Swift. I also use A Lot of Things and am very satisfied with their service. The refill ink I'm currently using(I'm refilling my CLI8 and PGI5 cartridges so I don't have to move the chips) A Lot of Things ink.
Bill

jonalava

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
After trying both of these brands in Canon and Epson printers (IP3000, IP4000, R220), I must say MMC is way better in terms of color accuracy. I always got that greenish tint and those wrong skintones using G&G. Sure, if you can calibrate everything, G&G will be fine, but MMC is better out of the box. No clogging or flowing problem with either of these brands however.

eixty

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I couldn't find a coupon for Swiftink, so I'll be ordering MMC carts from Alotofthings. Thanks both of you for your help.