Flushing SC-P600. Do I have a leak?

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
I picked up a P600 with Y, M, C, and MK clogged. I removed the ink carts, slid the printhead over a folded paper towel and parchment paper to prevent liquid going anywhere else, and proceeded to flush from where the ink cart is inserted. On the magenta and black, while the ink pushed through onto the paper towel, I heard what sounded like ink shooting freely. When I looked, the highlighted area had ink up to the lip of the black plastic. Is that normal? Or are there other areas I should be looking to clean up as well? I have to wait for an ink cart to come before I start printing nozzle checks with it. I figured to get it ready while I'm waiting.

Update: What the image shows is the actual printheads nozzle platter that was flooding with ink. After many many head cleaning and flushes, I was able to get 3/4 colors flowing perfectly just by placing a damp paper towel with 50/50 Windex/IPA 90% under the printhead overnight. The 4th color did not print at all. Despite running the head cleaning function and flushing.

After watching this video a few times:

I decided to take the P600 apart and manually remove and clean the actual printhead unit. I flushed each nozzle out and reassembled the printer. Once it was put together again, I kept getting a paper jam error. I blasted the insides really well with compressed air and that solved the issue. The first page printed completely blank. I tried it again and received the faintest print. It was printing with the cleaning solution haha. I ran the head cleaning function but ran out of Light Light Black and have to wait to see if all the effort paid off.

Attachments

• IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Latest posts