ET 8550 Long Print Failure

glasseye

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9800
I attempted to print a wide image to a 13X25 inch sheet from the top feed.

The printer refused to print with an error message that "the print might eject halfway through. Change print quality to Draft"

If offered no option other than "Cancel". Anyone else seen this? Any way around it?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What are the driver settings - quality - paper ? Which software are you using to print - on Windows ? Do you get the same error when you reduce the papersize ?

glasseye

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9800
Thanks for your reply ISF.

Printing from Photoshop. Media was high quality glossy, Photoshop profile was Premium Quality Glossy, same for Epson print driver. Print quality was set to max. Media size was custom (user) set to 13X25 inches. These settings worked well for my L-805.

On-printer error message said to "check user documentation", but no relevant info found.

I'm tempted to just print and see what happens, but I'm not sure it will let me unless I reduce quality to "Draft" as the message suggests. Not a good solution.

FWIW, a 13X19 inch borderless print from the same file printed flawlessly. Zero overspray evident inside printer. :)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I tried to replicate your settings - I'm not getting any warning but I'm not printing from Photoshop but with Qimage.
Try to use another quality setting e.g. normal instead of high - and disable borderless printing for a test . If 13x19" is working step up the length and test again.

glasseye

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 9800
Thanks. Borderless printing wasn't available with that custom print size but re-appeared when I chose 13X19.

Against all odds, I'll first try the same print, attempting to ignore the error message. If that fails, I'll try dropping the print quality down.