ET-2750 stopped printing magenta.

Jonzjob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ET-2750
A couple of days ago I was printing a few photos on A4 semi matt paper using the setup of Semi Gloss and the quality Best. There were 2 photos on each page. The first page printed fine, but the second page the got half way through the print and the print suddenly went green. The magenta had stopped printing.

I ran the Nozzle Check and sure enough the magenta was missing so I ran the Head C;eaning and Nozzle Check again. Still ne magenta. I tried several more Head Clean and Nozzle Checks but no difference. I then ran the Power Clean and as required I then left it overnight for 12 hours. Still no difference.

After some tawling through youtube I found a method of maually pumping head cleaning fluid through the print head nozzles using a syringe and tubing, both of which I have. After I had put a drop of the fluid through the head nozzles I tried it again and hey-presto it all worked perfectly and all of the colours were printing.

So I decided to try my photos again. 2 A4 pages printed fine but the third got half way through and the magenta failed again! Now I'm wondering if this is a head failure or and electronic fail? I doubt very much if it's a blockage in the head and am wondering if it ever was a blockage? I have just run another Nozzle Check after the printer has been switched off over night and the magenta is absent.

The system the printer is on is an iMac M1 24", the OS is Ventura 13.6.3. I know that the system doesn't make any difference, but it does limit the diagnostics to the ones on the printer, which are very limited from what I have seen.

James Mike

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6270;G3010

Jonzjob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ET-2750
Ta for your reply Lames. I don't think it's a blockage or it wouldn't just suddenly stop. I thought about the cleaning fluid, but the colours are too vibrant for that and they were quite vibrant right from the start.

I fought my way through the horrible chat bot on the Epson support site and got through to a person eventually. He said that it sounds like a mechanical failure and that can only really be the head and that it will need to be returned to a service centre for repair. That's a courier there and return and the repair cost, so now I'm wondering how much the repair is likely to be

I have contacted an Epson parts supplier here in the UK to find out the possible cost of a replacement head. They aren't allowed to disclose prices to Joe public, BUT she gave me the phone number for Epson!!! 03439037766 and you can talk to a human! Eventually I got a ball park figure of about £130 plus just for the head, so I think that along with the courier costs it's just not worth the agro of sending it and being without a printer for 3 weeks or more.

So bite the bullet time and get a new jobbie.

James Mike

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6270;G3010
Ta for your reply Lames. I don't think it's a blockage or it wouldn't just suddenly stop. I thought about the cleaning fluid, but the colours are too vibrant for that and they were quite vibrant right from the start.

I fought my way through the horrible chat bot on the Epson support site and got through to a person eventually. He said that it sounds like a mechanical failure and that can only really be the head and that it will need to be returned to a service centre for repair. That's a courier there and return and the repair cost, so now I'm wondering how much the repair is likely to be

I have contacted an Epson parts supplier here in the UK to find out the possible cost of a replacement head. They aren't allowed to disclose prices to Joe public, BUT she gave me the phone number for Epson!!! 03439037766 and you can talk to a human! Eventually I got a ball park figure of about £130 plus just for the head, so I think that along with the courier costs it's just not worth the agro of sending it and being without a printer for 3 weeks or more.

So bite the bullet time and get a new jobbie.
i guess if the printer is going to the scrap heap anyways if time permits and you are willing to you can try more aggressive troubleshooting methods such as swapping dampers between colors or prolonged soaking of the printhead. The printer being able to print 2.5 pages of a4 photos twice after a clean(and system reprime) suggests to me that the nozzles are fine but there is a restriction somewhere that allows ink to fill up the printhead assembly during the priming process but is restrictive enough to prevent ink from replenishing the ink used during regular printing.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The WicReset utiliy has a function 'Ink Charge' in the cleaning menu, and it's free. You may use it once.