Epson WF-2750 Missing Lines

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
Clogged printhead? The subject printer continues to print with several horizontal lines missing. I've done the "clean te print head" routine a half-dozen times and no improvement. Yes - I am using after-market ink.

Is there another routine to use? Can I manually (not the printer utility) clean the print head?

Epson WF-2750 printer problem20221106.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
A copy of the nozzle check print would help in this case please, you mention a after-market ink - is the black ink a pigment ink ? This can be the cause of the clogs. There are various similar videos available on Youtube about the cleaning and flushing of the printhead like this one

Last edited:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just as a different approach using the same cleaning solution; A passive head clean approach is worth considering as the first port of call:
http://www.octoink.co.uk/_video/_clean/Passive-head-clean

... and whatever you do with the active approach (as shown in the video in @Ink stained Fingers post above) go very VERY gentle on the pressure. You do not want to delaminate your printhead.

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
The Nozzle check pattern is below:

nozzle pattern.jpg

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
I'll consider this query closed. I think that I have learned as much as can be gotten.

I performed the cleaning routine described here and it works fior the most part - primarily printing B/W pages. confusingly I can't work it for poly-chromatic stuff. Because I work mostly in B/W stuff I'll consider my query satisfied until further notice.

Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts