Epson SX445W part blurry prints

padd007

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have been trying for weeks to find out what is wrong with my Epson SX445W. It will print a page and a small part will be aligned correctly and the rest is out of alignment however the alignment tool doesnt seem to improve things. The only thing that improves the print is disabling fast print, but that only works for jobs coming from my PC and it still isnt quite right. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction to resolve this. I have attached a scan of one of the printouts so you can see what i mean.

http : / / s17.postimage . org/btboqh1rj/001.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help :)

*edit*

It would appear that I cant post url's or images so remove the spaces and it should work fine
I'm sure you already knew that though :)

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Since it seems to be happening at regular intervals and not all the time (which it would if it was a printhead issue), I would try cleaning your feed rollers. Unfortunately, if the roller motor is damaged, I don't think there's much you can do about it.

padd007

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks, I did think it could be the rollers, ill clean them up and see if anything looks out of place. Looks like its going to be tricky getting to them though lol. Thanks for your help and ill let you know how it turns out.

padd007

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
After dismantling it I discovered a piece of polystyrene stuck in a gear, most likely from the packaging. After removing the ofending object the printer now functions perfectly. Thanks for the advice :)

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Great! At least it was an easy fix. Thanks for posting your solution, too. Too many people never post what eventually worked.

MitsyDavis

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Please help me with the information about the refill ink for my large format printer.