Epson Stylus Photo RX560

Dr Pete

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi can anybody help me. My RX560 has a message telling me that it's waste pads are full, which has come as a bit of a surprise as I didn't think I'd used it that much and in fact bought a CISS for it a few months ago and a lot of ink. Is there a reset procedure for this. I've looked at SSC but I couldn't find this model listed. I've used SSC and a method involving holding various buttons down at startup to reset my CX6600 several times but cannot find any help for the 560.

Dr Pete

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Many thanks for the info on waste ink. I was planning on doing something like this next month when I had some time but was taken by surprise by this warning. I'd be very grateful if you can find any info on resetting.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Dr Pete said:
Many thanks for the info on waste ink. I was planning on doing something like this next month when I had some time but was taken by surprise by this warning. I'd be very grateful if you can find any info on resetting.
Just spent a fruitless hour searching and found very little of any use... I've found one possible site but it's based in china and it looks like you have to pay. The SSC utility is no help and all other free sites do not have anything that would work yet either.

I'll keep my eyes peeled anyway and report back if I find anything.

Dr Pete

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I too have come across the Chinese stuff and have even found somebody on FixYa (a Yahoo site) who has bought the software and is willing to supply a copy for 5. It's not a lot to lose! Also have come across an Indonesian reference which is a reset for an Epson C79 (?) but have been unwilling to sign up to the download service, although it is supposed to work if you rerset your computer time to something in 2006.

I have to say that I am considering moving to a Laser but can find no real details about comparable costs. Using compatible cartridges is so affordable and as I am printing for a club am constrained by cost.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Dr Pete said:
I too have come across the Chinese stuff and have even found somebody on FixYa (a Yahoo site) who has bought the software and is willing to supply a copy for 5. It's not a lot to lose! Also have come across an Indonesian reference which is a reset for an Epson C79 (?) but have been unwilling to sign up to the download service, although it is supposed to work if you rerset your computer time to something in 2006.
If you send me the information on that I'll be happy to check it out for you.

As to China... I was sold a cock n' bull story about needing a certificate for $50 and then the utility for another $50 which is just taking the proverbial pee. Can't say I'm impressed but this is market forces at work I guess.

I have to say that I am considering moving to a Laser but can find no real details about comparable costs. Using compatible cartridges is so affordable and as I am printing for a club am constrained by cost.
If you can find some specification information on things like:
- consumable cost
- capacity @ 5% coverage (fairly standard measure)
- any other consumable parts (fuser, drum, etc..) and their life expectancy
- etc...

I have a spreadsheet which I put together for my own reference to compare my CIS kits and the like against laser printers so I can give you a pretty accurate ballpark figure from that. Might be a little wait though as wedding is now T-10 days.. :eek: