Epson Stylus Photo 925 prints fine magenta lines over everything

oldgoat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an Epson Stylus Photo 925. Recently it has begun printing fine (hairline) magenta lines on top of the image.
When it first started doing this it would print one sheet with the lines and then stop doing it. It isn't a clogged nozzle issue, it seems to be a software problem. I have installed the latest drivers for Vista without remedy. I have attached a link to my website with a photo of the anomaly. I love this printer and hope there is a solution to this issue. Thanks
http://mysite.verizon.net/res8wvgt/oldgoatsplace/

oldgoat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well maybe I figured this one out by myself.
I uninstalled the printer and then reconnected it to my Windows Vista Home Premium computer which installed the Vista drivers.
The Epson website said to use the pre-installed Vista driver.
The result was the same, fine lines in a random pattern all over the sheet.
Vista would not let me install the drivers from the installation CD which came with the printer as it said they were not compatible with the NT File system??? I thought that was what XP was???
I installed the drivers from the CD onto my Windows XP laptop and printed flawlessly from it!
It must be a faulty driver in Windows Vista.
I found no reference to this issue on the Epson website or in the Epson FAQ section.
I can only assume no one else has this problem or just threw their printers out and bought Vista compatible printers to replace them.
At least I can print from the laptop now.
I hope this helps anyone else who might be having this problem.
I like Windows Vista and this is the only hardware issue I have encountered except for my old Canon LIDE 20 scanner which I replaced with a newer LIDE 70 which was Vista ready.