EPSON Stylus CX6600 ink problem

doinkies

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

A couple days ago, I replaced the black and color ink cartridges in my EPSON Stylus CX6600 printer. However, when I tried to print something, nothing was printed on the paper except for a few faint black dots. I tried to clean the head then, but that didn't fix the problem. I then looked in the printer and found that there was lots of black ink and colored ink in the nozzle, so though it was ejecting ink, it wasn't printing anything. I cleaned the head again the next day, and again, it wasn't fixed.

Has anyone else had this problem, and what can I do to solve it?

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Yes....Sad to say, this is not uncommon with certain Epson printers. I'm not an expert on these, but I have read threads in this Forum about this problem. It has to do with a hose that has come loose. Do a search for specific results, and there are a number of people who can help you.

Best of luck, and welcome to this forum!!

ltsang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi doinkies,

I had the same problem with my epson cx4800 some time age, I refilled the cartridges a few times before on this printer, and the last time one of the cartridge just not printing anything after I reinstalled the refilled cartridge. Head cleaning did nothing. I drop some hot water over the little post that draws ink to the print head (there are little holes on the tip of the post ) and let the printer sat overnight, added the hot water drops a few more times in between, and the next day a few lines appeared, so I put the cartridge back and tried a few more head cleanings, the printer came back to live and prints perfect afterwards. I gave away the printer to a friend.
One thing I learned about Epson printers when refilling is never use up all the ink in the cartridge, replace the cartridge when 10 to 15% of ink is left according to the ink monitor, that way you can have your printer working much longer. I find that Canon printers don't have this problem so I switch all my printing to canon now. hope you still have your epson and if it is still not working now, try this method or buy a new canon. Happy Printing and refilling.