Epson SC-P600 Paper out

SureC

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P600
I very often get an error message about Paper out/Load paper. Even though it has paper in the paper tray. The error message appears after the printer has pulled a sheet through without writing anything. What could be the reason for this?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What type of paper are you using ? Are there particular cicumstances when the error condition happens - e.g. a prior double feed or other not-normal activities ? I see a similar effect when I use a double sided foto paper which is quite sticky and the printer pulls a 2nd sheet underneath the first sheet which makes the effective length for the paper out sensor much longer. Do you get any error condition when you feed single sheets ?

SureC

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P600
Thanks. With one paper in the paper tray nothing happened. I am now leaning towards the theory that it is the paper I use for printing (regular paper 80 g/m2 and not photo paper) that is causing the problem. The paper has a very smooth surface. Changing to 90 g/m2 everything works fine.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It could be that the piclup roller does not have the needed grip anymore, this can happen with rubber wheels. I don't think the pickup roller is user replaceable but it is possible to refresh the grip to a degree. You find a refresch/cleaning agent in office supply stores, or another forum member can give a tip - alcohol may work as well , or a windows cleaner. You wet parts of a paper sheet with it - in the area the pickup roller contacts the paper sheet - and feed that sheet several times. This can improve the grip, but only for a while since the rubber on the pickup roller dries and hardens over time, and even more when treated with alcohol.

Last edited: