Epson SC-P600 Paper out

SureC

Newbie to Printing
Joined
Sep 4, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P600
I very often get an error message about Paper out/Load paper. Even though it has paper in the paper tray. The error message appears after the printer has pulled a sheet through without writing anything. What could be the reason for this?
 
What type of paper are you using ? Are there particular cicumstances when the error condition happens - e.g. a prior double feed or other not-normal activities ? I see a similar effect when I use a double sided foto paper which is quite sticky and the printer pulls a 2nd sheet underneath the first sheet which makes the effective length for the paper out sensor much longer. Do you get any error condition when you feed single sheets ?
 
Thanks. With one paper in the paper tray nothing happened. I am now leaning towards the theory that it is the paper I use for printing (regular paper 80 g/m2 and not photo paper) that is causing the problem. The paper has a very smooth surface. Changing to 90 g/m2 everything works fine.
 
It could be that the piclup roller does not have the needed grip anymore, this can happen with rubber wheels. I don't think the pickup roller is user replaceable but it is possible to refresh the grip to a degree. You find a refresch/cleaning agent in office supply stores, or another forum member can give a tip - alcohol may work as well , or a windows cleaner. You wet parts of a paper sheet with it - in the area the pickup roller contacts the paper sheet - and feed that sheet several times. This can improve the grip, but only for a while since the rubber on the pickup roller dries and hardens over time, and even more when treated with alcohol.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top