Epson SC-P600 paper jamming

SureC

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P600
I have a problem that has appeared over time. The paper is drawn down to the printer area, but then it stops (6-7 cm down). I then get an error message about paper jamming or running out of paper. Thicker paper (160 g/m2) seems to pass more easily.

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Is it possible that the rubber that feeds the paper is dirty? Maybe try cleaning it with say a Q-tip and some isopropinal alcohol. Rubbing alcohol.

In one printer of mine the roller slipped off the rod that drove it and had to be glued back on.

SureC

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P600
Thanks. Are we talking about the LD Roller on the right side? Have tried to use a damp cloth on it, but will try isopropanol. Are there other rollers active during printing?
Cheers

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
1430|3800|3880|P800|PRO-100
I would also make sure any part during the printing process that moves [opens, closes, lifts, drops, etc] is free and clear of any debris. I had this issue before and it turned out one of the lifters where the paper slid under was jammed. That and there was a small wooden dowel piece in there also.

SureC

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P600
Thanks. I have tried some isopropanol and apparently it worked well. However, I have now ordered the roller cleaner you recommended. Is it possible that the paper (80 gr/m2) has too smooth a surface compared to what I have used in the past. Works great with thicker paper.