Epson Rx500 one head (cyan) misalligned !

vluzhko

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi All
I use my printer with CIS system .Everything was OK untill after moving my existing CIS start leaking. It was actually leaking outside of the printer so I put it into plastic bag.
Finally it ended with no INK in CIS and I printed out all black ink from cartrige.

I ordered new CIS. Installed. Everything is perfect except 1 head. CYAN is misaligned. Basically CYAN was not the ink which finished. So I did not expect it to clog.

Here is scanned nozzle-check image. Look closer at vertical distorting points on CYAN. How come it could be?
I soaked head in Windex already - no effect at all. made many head-cleans - does not help.

I would appreciate any help. I do not throw the printer out just because of one head problem.

thanks.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
soak the head for 48 hours in clean distilled water and if that does not help it could be perhaps an electrical problem.

vluzhko

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for fast reply

how do I do that?
Is this the same as I did with Windex? I soaked piece of cloth (synthetic cloth for cleaning glasses) and put it into XX tray. then mover head above (it presses XX to the head). I did it only for 3 hours. looks like it did not help much.

Epson does not allow to remove the head easily. + I have my CIS connected.

thanks

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
If you can't remove the head then it will be very hard.

Try to use warm water. Don't know how long the cloth will stay warm but it will clean better.

I think you don't need to disassemble the printer but you may need to eventually :(