epson r800 keeps lining

pan07

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
bought this printer a few months ago with a cis, while its a great printer it very often produces lines in the print and cleaning doesnt always solve this.

i am useing the pigment ink in the cis, but have since seen the cheaper dye based ink being sold for this printer.

do you guys have any experience with the dye ink in the r800 and would this help with the lining issue, i am using the printer to print exclusively to discs.
previosly had a r265,285 and never had to clean with dye based cis.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
pan07 said:
bought this printer a few months ago with a cis, while its a great printer it very often produces lines in the print and cleaning doesnt always solve this.

i am useing the pigment ink in the cis, but have since seen the cheaper dye based ink being sold for this printer.

do you guys have any experience with the dye ink in the r800 and would this help with the lining issue, i am using the printer to print exclusively to discs.
previosly had a r265,285 and never had to clean with dye based cis.
Did you perform a nozzle check to verified if any clog where present? Also a printhead alignment will help. If after all this you still having problems you will need to use the Epson R800 Printer Service Program and perform more adjustments. Ex. Bidirectional, Unidirectional, PW & PF adjustments. I used to have the same type of problem with my R1800 (basically the same printer) & after using the printer service program adjustments everything is fine.
You can find the Service Program for the price of $11.88 here:
http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=497

pan07

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
not tried print head alignment yet, would this make a difference, as at times it prints perfect.
rest of time i'm always cleaning and doing nozzle checks which must be seriously reducing the life of the printer.
anyway will give it a try thanks for the reply

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
pan07 said:
not tried print head alignment yet, would this make a difference, as at times it prints perfect.
rest of time i'm always cleaning and doing nozzle checks which must be seriously reducing the life of the printer.
anyway will give it a try thanks for the reply
Another thing is that you need to print at least once a week so you don't get clogged nozzle on this type of printer. It's also important the position (level) of the CIS reservoir tanks they should sit at the same level as the printer is.

pan07

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i do print most days sometimes the printer gets a couple of days off at the weekend and i have the cis level with the printer not with the print heads, is this correct.
just done an aligment and 1 cleaning cycle and its printing perfect again, the magenta as usual was giving me problems earlier.
will see how it goes over the next few days, do you suggest turning the printer off overnight as usually leave on.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
Everything you have done seems right & as far of leaving the printer on or off, mine is always on.