epson r285 reset service counters

MOZE

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello all!
I am new to this site so if i'm doing it wrong please tell me.
I have an epson r285 printer using ciss working fine at the mo but I know that sometime in its life it will do the service lock up thing when it assumes the waste ink pads are full, (epson rip off) before this happens does anyone know of a link to a programe for unlocking? I have the ssc utility but it does not cover the r285, I have tried indoset.rar but can't get it to install, I think it is probably a wind up anyway because it tells you to change your system date 01-04-2008 prior to installing (april fools day) So does anyone have any useful advise please?
Cheers:)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
MOZE said:
I have an epson r285 printer using ciss working fine at the mo but I know that sometime in its life it will do the service lock up thing when it assumes the waste ink pads are full, (epson rip off) before this happens does anyone know of a link to a programe for unlocking? I have the ssc utility but it does not cover the r285
That's correct, the R285 is not supported by the SSC utility.

I have tried indoset.rar but can't get it to install, I think it is probably a wind up anyway because it tells you to change your system date 01-04-2008 prior to installing (april fools day)
As it happens that is a valid reset utility but it doesn't "install", it's just that Epson have included a data check that won't allow the utility to run if the date is not the one supplied with the utility. Appreciate the interpretation though, as it does send off alarm bells.

So does anyone have any useful advise please?
:)
Certainly do :)

The R285 is a printer I bought and experimented with because there were so many people who had problems resetting it.

Net result was:
- Vidcap guide to the adjustment utility -> reset process (My wife calls this her sleep tape as it bores her to sleep! :rolleyes:)
- Modification Guide for fitting an external tank

... and I already emailed you the link to the reset utility...

I think you should be ok, but let me know via octoink if you hit any problems or want any specific information.

Hope that helps.
:)
Martin

MOZE

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Many thanks Martin your link & software works, still couldn't find on octoinkjet web page though, found all other tools ETC, probably me have to get some glasses that work.
Cheers

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Good to hear about the resetter...

Not good about the web site though... may ask you to send me a screen shot for what you saw at some point but not to worry, glad you're fixed up :)