Epson R1900 Blocked

Rainbows47

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
R1900
Hi

I have an Epson R1900 which hasn't been used for a while. The yellow nozzle seems to be quite blocked , I purchased some cheap cleaning fluid and tried to push it through , I don't think anything is going in and if you draw the syringe slightly it snaps back due to vaccum.

I'm not sure what I can try to get this unblocked or is it 100% bin worthy? I don't mind if it's a case of little by little for a few weeks to see if it clears. Ive dampened a tissue under the carriage and it's cleared some.

The other 7 nozzles are free and working fine.

I'd be grateful of any suggestions , I'm not keen on removing the printhead as I know I'd break everything going.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The R1900 model is more than 10 years old and for me a candidate to be replaced if you are still insterested to print A3 format with pigment inks. Epson has abandonded the use of a gloss optimizer since quite a while , the P400 was the last model with a gloss optimizer. The current candidate would be the P700. Or you look to a model like the ET-8550 with dye inks and as well A3 as a more flexible unit. There would not be any refill hazzles anymore since it is an ecotank unit with ink reservoirs.

Last edited: