Epson R1800 end of page issue

danec

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a bizarre issue with my R1800. If i print an A3 image or an image placed right down the end of the paper, particularly in the right hand corner it lacks ink colour, it appears very faint and lines appear, but only at the last inch in the right hand corner end of the page (it gradually appears from the left). If i place the image about an inch above the end of the paper the print is fine.
I print full page images and this is ruining my expensive paper and making me waste the paper as i have to cut it larger than the intended print. Any ideas?

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
danec said:
I have a bizarre issue with my R1800. If i print an A3 image or an image placed right down the end of the paper, particularly in the right hand corner it lacks ink colour, it appears very faint and lines appear, but only at the last inch in the right hand corner end of the page (it gradually appears from the left). If i place the image about an inch above the end of the paper the print is fine.
I print full page images and this is ruining my expensive paper and making me waste the paper as i have to cut it larger than the intended print. Any ideas?
Is possible that one of the two sensors that are located at the bottom of the printhead carriage(PW and Ink mark sensors) need to be readjust using the service program or in the worst scenario they need to be clean, however the cleaning process is not an easy task.

Sample 1
http://www.inkrepublic.com/KnowledgeBase/R1800PW.asp

Sample 2
http://members.rennlist.org/ehall/EpsonR1800_PW_repair .htm

danec

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Right, thanks for that. I'm not sure if i am comfortable ripping apart the printer so i may get an Epson service centre to do it. The second link refers to paper jamming, which also happens with my printer these dyas. I have to try and load it 4 or 5 or more (with thick professional paper) to get it to go through, it wrecks the edges of the paper and is even struggling with regular ream paper now.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
danec said:
Right, thanks for that. I'm not sure if i am comfortable ripping apart the printer so i may get an Epson service centre to do it. The second link refers to paper jamming, which also happens with my printer these dyas. I have to try and load it 4 or 5 or more (with thick professional paper) to get it to go through, it wrecks the edges of the paper and is even struggling with regular ream paper now.
So if you are having paper jam problems is definitely the PW sensor covered with ink or damage, but the most common is the sensor covered with ink.