Epson printer alternative for Mac?

christinaML

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer for about a year and half that suddenly died on me yesterday. Sending the printer in for repairs would probably cost the same as, if not more than, a new printer.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative brand? I'm a bit wary of Epson printers now, especially as I have had some print quality issues in the past (horizontal bands on prints, clogged nozzles) and they seem to die quickly. I print mostly photos and graphics (from InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) and they need to go up to 11"x17".

If anyone could recommend an inkjet printer or an affordable laser printer ($500 or under), I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you so much!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
christinaML

You could try the Canon PIXMA iX7000 it does 11 x 17 sizes that you require and is priced about $400.. :)

P

printfan1138

Just a thought but if you liked the prints from your Epson 1400 why not buy another one? A Refurbished 1400 is $149 right now from Epson, we have one and love it and even if goes belly up in a year or two we will have gotten our money's worth. I have heard of people that have used the Epson 1400 for over 4 years and are still going strong so what the heck! I doubt there is any printer company that does not have a lemon or two! We have our 1400 set up with a cis system (dampers) and have printed several hundred full page 8 1/2 x 11 so far without a hitch with wonderful results and will soon be printing 13x19 prints for some of our very best photographs!