Epson jump to R240 & R340 very fast!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I know that there's not too many Epson users/fans here but I was wondering if anyone else noticed the jump in product lines that's taken place recently.

The R200 was around for a while and then of course the R220 appeared to take over.. but literally 2 months later there's a whole new model in the form of the R240.. The same sort of thing has happened with the R300, R320, R340 models..

So I guess the question I'm wondering about, is, why the sudden jump? Is something wrong with the Rx20 models that has been kept quiet or is this simply a response to the Christmas market?

Also, has anyone any experience, advice, tips, etc.. on the newer Rx40 models that needs noting, eg: design intended to thwart refilling, CIS installation, etc..?

Any info gratefully received...
:)
Martin

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just a small update on this...

Only noticed today but the R240 is noted as a 4 colour dye-sublimation printer whereas the R340 is still an 6 colour inkjet.

Dye sub is completely new to me but I was a bit surprised to see this minor model number change for what's actually a massive change in system... Just thought I'd note it anyways...

Jamin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Jamin, I don't think these links are very reliable, considering they come from the manufacturer's own website.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Sinopis is busy engaging in a spamming campaign at the moment so frankly I wouldn't believe much of what's said on that score right now...

Just to note though, the R340 is not just in Asia... it's been released in the UK as well and it is most definitely a different unit to the R320.

laikanuki

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The Epson R210 has been superseeded by R230 in Australia. The constant full chips for continuous flow systems for R210 do not work properly on R230, even though the replacement cartridges are same, so Epson has made some changes to firmware. In Australia, the printer will recognize the constant full chips but the ink levels and low ink warning are all over the place. However, in Asia, the equivalent of R230 will not even recognize the constant full chips. The chip manufacturers will have new chips out shortly to overcome this problem. Same things applies to Epson C67 which has replaced C65, same cartridges, but different chips and new cartridge numbers, the new chips for these will be out shortly also.