Epson ET-2720 Generates useless characters on first print in the morning

rbdaves

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ET-2720
My wife has an HP laptop computer running Windows 11 and prints via a USB cable attached to the printer. When she tries to print something first thing in morning, she gets this page of random and unreadable characters
I have replaced the print driver several times and nothing changes. The picture is just a partial. We can tell from the sound that we are getting junk and terminate the print.

IMG_0648.jpeg

Last edited:

rbdaves

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ET-2720
no help here

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
This could be a connection problem - how long is that USB cable ? Can you please try another - possibly shorter one - do you have another USB port available on the laptop you can test ? Do you have another computer you can test the printer on ?

rbdaves

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ET-2720
Thanks for the reply: I replaced the driver and that solved the problem for now. I have done the same thing before and that temporarily solved the prob. If the problem recurs, I will follow your suggestions.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have experienced something similar with an HP laser printer. It would print one line of random characters on top of a sheet of paper and then do the same on a new sheet and so on until the printer was stopped. It was caused by the driver and deleting and reinstalling the driver solved the problem.

Last edited: