Epson C-80 printer

angze79

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:( My Epson runs but the quality is not improving especially the black , I went to the printer menu and used the nozzel cleaner, about 5 times, printed a complete black sheet and just get bold and thin lines, I know the print heads are not on the carts, and I'm sure others have asked this but how can you get a better print head clean and can you remove the print heads to clean any help will be greatly appreciated

asirir

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
In my knowledge, no use of head cleaning cycles more than 3 per day.
keep printer a whole night, then start head cleaning on next morning.
because ink have to settle to nozzeles.

or use head cleaning cartriges to completly clean heads
i think removing head is unnessarry

did you run nozzle check pattern or printing some thing elese?

please check my answers with advance members

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
You probably want to think about cleaning the printhead using a method oft repeated around here and in other forums.

Soaking a pad with a cleaning solution.. Usually amoniated distilled water or windex (ammonia version).

Move the printhead out of the way of the cleaning pad and then put the pad on that before moving the printhead over this and letting it sit. This allows the solution to wick up into the printhead and disolve any blockages over a period of a day or so...

Repeat as necessary and then do a head clean and some nozzle checks and you should find the printhead will be reasonably clear and provide better printing quality.

That's the rough guide... there's plenty of more detailed guides around on this sort of thing.

angze79

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you for helping me fortunately I'm back in black with the printer just sitting over night "Whew " This is the first Epson printer I have worked with , I'm glad I didn't have to do anything further, Thanks again for the advice I'm sure I will need more help in the future