Epson B-300 & B-500DN printers coming

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just some info for a few folks who may have noticed that Epson are bringing out some new printers soon.

http://www.epson-europe.com/interne...et_printer/EU-Product-Model-B300-EN.inter.jsp

The B-300 and B-500DN are pretty much Officejet killers that I'm guessing Epson are hoping will do away with HP's offering although there's a few things I'll be interested to find out about.

For now though, I just thought I'd post this up, along with this link and info:
https://www.epson-store.de/cch/lf/c...offer.php/sku/C13T616300/devicesku/C11CA03211

C13T616100 76 ml Black Std.

C13T616200 53 ml CMY Std.

C13T617100 100 ml Black High Cap.

C13T617200 100 ml CMY High Cap.

C13T618100 198 ml Black Extra High Cap.

Epson did their damndest to hide exactly how much ink is going to be in each of these cartridges on every other site I looked at. They've gone the HP route of marketing under an ISO (which is useful to a point) rather than in real terms..

There's a few reviews out there too from PCPro and Trusted Reviews and you'd think they'd had different printers or fallen in/out with their entire family depending on which one you read.. Very interesting... :/

When I've saved up some space and cash I'll probably grab one of these and have a serious play with one to see how they rate in real terms.. Might even be able to wangle a review unit if a supplier can help me.. but it's going to be a ways off...

Anyway, hope the above proves useful... and before you ask.. yes = chips, no = alternatives, no = refilling (well that's a guess but an educated one!)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
One last thing...

If you were awake you'll have noticed something else in the "consumables" section:

http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/catalogue/item/T619000

Yep.. it's a removeable waste ink tank or "maintenance box".. Seems Epson might have realised that people don't want to keep throwing away their printers... *cue: about time look*

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Websnail,... I think this is a fantastic idea that Epson is working on. Someone needs to challenge HP and their OfficeJet printers. The cost of their ink and the cost to use their printers is "Outrageous". I did a calculation on it and it came out to be about $7,560 per gallon of ink. Fro example, a HP 96 ink cart hold about 17 ml and cost about $35 in most stores. This is the LARGE capacity ink cart for most of the OfficeJet models. The real pig is the HP 94 which cost about $15 or more and only hold 10ml of ink. On a typicall refill I can only put 4 ml of ink in it.

Canon is not attacking HP, as they are focused on trying to compete with low cost and give away models like HP is doing. This actually grows their market base because the get people hooked and they don't let go.