Epson Artisan 810 ink pad at end of life warning

Michelle

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 810
I got the warning that my Epson Artisan 810 ink pads were near end of life then a few minutes later they were at the end of their life with flashing lights.
I'm on a Mac so downloaded the Espon reset utility from the Epson site and downloaded a trial of Parallels and Windows 8.1. Got all of that to work and
tried to install the printer on the windows side (it was already installed on my Mac side) but during the wi-fi (tried Lan and USB) it said printer couldn't be found. So of
course I can't run the reset unless the printer is recognized. Is there a way to get my chip reset so I can use my printer again? I can't manually go to the front
panel of the my printer and try to connect it to the internet as I just have flashing lights. Is there any hope to get my printer to be seen on the PC side of my Mac
and run the Epson reset utility?

I know there is a Wic resetter you can pay for but don't want to spend money if it isn't going to work. Also I wonder how much longer my printer will work.

Bought an HP Officejet Pro 8610 that is still in the box with receipt just in case I can bring my old one back to life.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I believe (but could be wrong) that the printer MUST be hard-wired connected (USB) to operate the reset utilities. Others might "chime in" to correct me.

Can you beg or borrow a Windows XP box?? Should be a whole lot o' them available on the used market.

Michelle

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 810
I believe (but could be wrong) that the printer MUST be hard-wired connected (USB) to operate the reset utilities. Others might "chime in" to correct me.

Can you beg or borrow a Windows XP box?? Should be a whole lot o' them available on the used market.

Thanks do you think it will work with a Windows computer? I have a friend who has a PC but I'll have to wait a few weeks to try it out.