Epson 850 self test

Barb

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My dauhgter is just about to throw out this printer as it stopped working some months ago. Although its ink cartidges have probably dried out completely thought I would just try the self test on it.

A sheet of paper feeds through but nothing is printed, same with Hex dump. Does this mean the printer is dead?

I think I know your answer, off to the bin.

TIA

Barb

Barb

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Further to my previous post. The out of ink lights are not on, I have looked at the cartridges and can't really tell if they are completely dry or not. I think this printer may have been out of use for possibly six months. Would that be long enough for everything to dry up past rescue?

I don't want to spend any money on this printer as I just want to see if it's still opertional and then pass it on to someone who can use it.

I have not installed it on my PC as I don't want to mess up my own setup printer on a USB connection. Any thoughts folks. Thanks.

Mikeburton

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just because the ink lights are not on does not really mean the carts are full. If the machine has been stood a while, it could easily have dried up. You could try the intensive cleaning of the print head and put some new cart's in to see if the machine can be resurrected.