Epson 837 low ink indicator

jnug

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I know this post is going to sound so mundane to you power user. But I left the black ink cartridge in my printer when I got the first low ink indicator. I had a set of Epson cartridges just sitting there so I was not going to do I CISS or anything like that. However I am just staggered by the amount of black prints I have done since first indication without any additional movement in the ink indicator bar for black and no degradation in print quality. I would say I have probably printed off 30 or more all test pages since first indication.

Does anybody have a clue how much ink is actually left in the cartridge at first low ink indication.

I wish the bar would move a little more so you would get a better feel for what is left in there. You cannot see into the cartridge but it is clear to me that there is still ink up in there. Granted you would never want to run the cartridge right to empty but just giving up 30 or so prints does not seem to make sense either.

Anybody have any ideas on my question regarding how much ink is actually left in an Epson 837 cartridge at first low ink indicator? Is it 60% empty. Is it 75% empty?

thanks

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I can't answer you question, but after I installed a waste ink tank on my Artisan 800, I was SHOCKED to see the large volume of ink wasted during a cold-start or a cleaning!

Wayne