Epson 7900 adventure

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
By the way, I thought this is a well known thing. Is it? I don't remember how WeInk recommendation was for priming Epson cartridges. It was on their web site before. It was far more complicated. I did not try it back then. I did experience a lot of clogging issues from my R300. I never go back to R300 trying to make it work again. I don't need a dye based printer with an Epson badge on it.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
This issue of priming only applies to refilled cartridges, correct? People who buy Epson OEM cartridges don't have to do anything special, correct?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
When new you don't need to prime OEM cartridges because Epson has done it in the factory. But later on when you refill them you may need to prime them if you let them run out of ink.

I won't consider refilling Epson OEM cartridges. The refillables have ARC chips on them and the tank is semi transparent. You can eye ball the ink level easily. I will use them despite that many of them had bad reputation.

We actually still have the OEM cartridge set only partially used then preserved. This is for emergency use when the refillables break down. Those Epson refillables are not cheap. We have pretty good luck that they have worked flawlessly.

Nirvash

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Just a note about Epsons, I have a limited (recent) experience with the brand, but a few weeks ago picked up a 7600 from a local seller. From what I can tell it was used at some point, some ink in the waste tank, lines having some ink in them, but has been sitting unused for quite a long while. After an afternoon with it and some refillable carts, it is printing perfectly fine. Not saying that should be expected, just one person's experience. And also that was an interesting read, thank you.