Epson 4880

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
OK, I'm anxious! I inherited an Epson 4880 but has no cartridges.. at all.
I'm looking for alternatives including OEM's and try a refill/reset, or just buy a set of refillables and go from there.
I'm presently happy with Precision Ink in my Canons and hope the same results are possible with pigment inks.

Of course total outlay is a consideration but also the long term use (if the thing isn't clogged beyond any wildest dreams) so I'm leaning toward refillables... I'm asking here as I know there is a wealth of knowledge far beyond what any single individual possesses.

I've searched the topic, large format Epson, refill Epsons, 4880 etc. and did find some info on lesser models but none printer specific which is necessary, particularly in this stage of the models life. I thought many would have considered this road, some even traveled down it. I'm watching out for any wrong turns as I am trying to low budget this hobby and this printer has a cultured taste for ink.

I've sent messages to the people I think would be enlightened, but I'm overly anxious.

Thanks to all who participate in this forum.. I personally am a better and more knowledgeable enthusiast because of it! Wish I had more to offer except my thanks and appreciation but I'll be there within time.

I purchased a second Canon 9000 Mark ll and now this... wife divorced the first husband due to PC's strewn about the house... now she has printers... what are my odds? Actually, some of you are guilty of promoting this behavior!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
filmguy said:
I purchased a second Canon 9000 Mark ll and now this... wife divorced the first husband due to PC's strewn about the house... now she has printers... what are my odds? Actually, some of you are guilty of promoting this behavior!
You've got to show your wife that printers are her friends. Print stuff for her. Whenever my wife gets a 4x6 photo in the mail, she hands it to me and says "blow this up". So I scan it and print an 8.5x11 and we buy a frame and she's real happy. Of course, if your wife asks you to blow up a 4x6 picture, you could end up with a very large print and a rather expensive frame and the pictures probably won't be that good. Maybe you could point out that 8.5x11 prints are really better.

You just reminded me that I've got to go blow up a picture.

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
You've got to show your wife that printers are her friends. Print stuff for her.
Good advice ... thanks. I'm inclined to be satisfied with photo sharing sites as the "end destination" for pictures, but I'm finding that most people are happier with holding a print in their hands. Not that many people will be motivated to follow a link to get to pictures.