dreaded B200 canon error code changes an All-in-one to All-in-None

majorjer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
No reference to this in the troubleshooting guide, but blogs suggest, now confirmed via visual observation, that this code indicates a burned out nozzle due to overheating, probably caused by my inattention to install new cartridge due to dwindling tank reserves of the large black tank on my MP560. Did some initial isopropyl contact cleaning to no avail, noticing the difference in color of the one burned out nozzle.
this creates a total trashout for this All-in-one unit. Because, the scanner will not initiate as it is interfaced with the printer software, and therefore cannot get passed the B200 code in power up. This question is: do i trash the machine and go back to my trusted HP D2345 which has NEVER failed? New printhead prices on ebay at $57 rival the price of the entire unit now 2 yrs of age and obviously out of warranty. I found an MPtool of russian origination which allows deletion/edit of the Eeprom data on the chip, but the B200 code won't even let you go there.
Anyone of printer literacy have a workaround that would allow use of the Scanner,& forget the printer? I've read that deletion/reset of the Eeprom data might allow a printer software override.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. You would think there would be a way to isolate/seperate printer/scanner from each other, but apparently canon has chosen to prevent that.
Since their primary business goal is to sell INK, it would only make sense that they SHOULD want to keep you up and running. The service tech at canon did offer a 'discount' off a 'suggested retail price(high) using the 'customer loyalty' routine, but thats not practical or cost effective either.