Does a ciss from an Epson 700 wprk in an Epson 710?

blackjack57

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Had an Epson Artisan 700 with a ciss installed that decided it didn't want to work anymore. I fell into a good deal for an Epson Artisan 710, so I got it. The research I had done previously was that they are the same printer except the 710 has a duplexer. Now my problem. From the different things I have read online the ciss's being sold are the same for both. So should my ciss work in the 710 ? I set the printer up and installed the ciss unit (which worked on the 700) and the window on the printer reads that I should install the ink cartridges. It would not come off that screen, so I finally put in new individual cartridges thinking maybe something was wrong with the printer. Alas that was not the case. The printer works fine with regular cartridges installed. Really want and need my ciss to work. I belong to a small church and I print our bulletin at my expense and the Artisan 700 worked great for that. I am so frustrated and at a loss for what to do next. I do not want to buy cartridges again. I am a true believer in the ciss system and can not fathom how much money I spent when I was buying individual cartridges. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? Thank you

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
You have to setup a new Artisan with the oem cartridges.

Both the 700, 710 thru 835 use the 98 cartridge, yes your ciss should work.

Check you chips.

Your black cartridge chip will be numbered 981R V 6.0

This is a version 6.0 revised.

If it doesn't work contact your vendor for an upgraded chip set.

LJH