Dell series 9 v305 (mk990)

jkwal

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have been having Walgreens refill my dell cartridges (black only) but after paying attention, I thought I could do this myself.
I was successful on my first attempt and wondered why I did not do this before. I think I had beginners luck.

I have 3 cartridges that I have been rotating out and I store them with the plastic / sponge compression cover that they gave me originally

I pealed the label back and used a syringe to refill from the top but now I cannot get any one of them to work, even the one that I got to work the last time.

I already know that the printer says its out of ink but I know how to bypass it but that is not my issue

I'm not sure if I got air bubbles (quite possible)
or if I let them stay too long empty (didn't know before that was bad)
but I have held the very bottom of the print head in very hot water for a few seconds (30 to a minute)
but in printing it looks like it is running out of ink printing just the tops of letters and gets worse towards the end of the page instead of better.

I did let them set 24 hrs after refilling them but is there anything else I can do to jump start these cartridges again?

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
As far as I know, each cartridge core has its lifespan... number of times you can refill them. May be yours just died :)