CISS for Canon imagePROGRAF TA-20

eppyson

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
Is anyone aware of a CISS that will work in on Canon imagePROGRAF TA-20? I see only cartridge refills for this model. Thanks.

eppyson

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
TA-20 already comes with a built in CISS
Hmm. I don't think that is true. The TA-20 has disposable cartridges. To use a non-OEM ink, you have to drill holes in the disposable cartridges and refill them with a syringe. That's not a CISS. I'm asking about an external tank continuous flow system.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Why would you go for a CISS with the TA-20 - arent't the cartridges great enough ? Special refill cartridges are available via Aliexpress. Or you go for an Epson T3100x which is an Ecotank 24" printer, but it is above your price limit.

eppyson

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7710
Why would you go for a CISS with the TA-20 - arent't the cartridges great enough
Hey Ink Stained Fingers. Thanks for your reply. The prices of the OEM Canon cartridges are extremely high, and I'm going on the assumption that using those OEM carts will not be cost effective, since that always seems to be the case with all other printers. So, the goal, of course, is to be able to use a less expensive non-OEM ink. The reasons I'd prefer to have an external tank continuous flow system are these: 1) refilling with syringes is always messy and bothersome, and 2) monitoring accurate ink levels is difficult when injecting ink into opaque cartridges. External tanks on the CISS systems are clear, allowing you to see the ink levels. That said, if there isn't a CISS system for the Canon TA-20, I'll knuckle down and use refillable carts, assuming it will cut costs versus the OEM carts. Thanks for the tip on aliexpress. I looked and found lots of ink options, but did not see refillable carts for the TA-20. Can you help me find those? Drilling holes into the OEM carts is still an option, but if there are pre-drilled and plugged refillable carts available for the TA-20, I'd prefer that. Thanks

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Drilling holes into the OEM carts is still an option,
Yes, you are right, I mixed up the PFI-30 cartridges with some other type, I just don't see clear refill cartridges at this time.