Cartridge clip for refilling Canon BCI-6

nelda

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I had a link for a cartridge clip for Canon cartridges that could be used for storage and refilling. It was actually a clear plastic box that the cartriadge snapped into and had that clear, spongy rubbery stuff (sylastic? silicone?) to seal the outlet hole. Someone had even posted a photo of it here. I did a search and cannot find it. They were about $1 each.

Anyone know what I am talking about? I would appreciate a link.

TIA!

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Nelda,
You may be thinking of CompuBiz (http://216.219.159.185/). I use these and they work good. Although the site does show one clear holder, the ones they sell (at least when I got mine) are a Yellow plastic with a black rubber piece that seals the outlet hole. They are 99 cents each plus shipping. Look under the TOOLS section of their site.

Steve W.

nelda

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Steve,

Yes! Thank you, that's it! Do they work well for storage? Have you used them to hold the cartridge during refilling, and do they work well? I am currently using the orange clips, which I attach with rubber bands - it works but it is a bit tedious.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Nelda,
I have found the Compubiz cartridge holders to work very well both for storage and for refilling - I am a big fan of them and have suggested them to several others on this forum. The first time I filled the Hobbicolor cartridges I left the orange clips on - before I had the Compubiz holders and before I read that it was better to snap the clip off (and reinstall with rubber bands) before filling (one filled cartridge sprayed some ink when I broke the clip off). Had to hold the cartridge in one hand and work the syringe with the other. Now I just set the holder, with the cartridge installed, on the table and use both hands to work the syringe - much easier and cleaner. Haven't had one tip over yet.

Steve W.