Canon S900 - Ink puddles on rubber stopper

dragonfire0528

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello everyone! First, I'm so glad that I found this forum and that so many people are willing to share. I'm sorry if that is posted in the wrong area, but I did try to read that FAQ's and topics to see if someone had already asked this question.

I have a Canon S900 and the black and PC printheads were clogged. I used the methods found on this forum to flush the printhead and got both to work, so thanks for that!

Now here is my problem.

I'm having trouble putting this into words that I think everyone will understand. Hope that you can figure out what I mean.......

After cleaning the printheads, I noticed that only the black will get clogged within a few print jobs. When I take out the printhead, there is a massive glob of ink clogging some of the jets and collected around the "frame" of the printhead.

When I take out the ink cartridge, there is a "puddle" of ink around the pick up nozzle and on the rubber seal.

I'm guessing that maybe the seal isn't doing it's job and too much ink is leaking into the printhead and oozing out?

If someone knows or has experience with this problem, would you know if the rubber seal and be replaced or something that can be done to make it seal better?

Thanks in advance!

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Dragonfire, your black ink cartridge is leaking. It is not a clog in the print head. Check your BCI-6bk ink cartridge. It is probably defecive and is leaking.

dragonfire0528

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Tin Ho,

Thanks for the response! I thought that might be the case, so I tried 4 different cartridges and all did the same thing.

Just bought a brand new one today, so I will try that and see.

dragonfire0528

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Simon R. and Tin Ho, Just put in the new cart and there isn't as much ink on the rubber around the pick up nozzle, but there is still more than just a bit. Not as much as before though. Still getting a lot of ink building up on the printhead where the ink comes out and also the top edge of the frame closest to the contacts.

I'm not sure if it is my imagination, but it seems like the pick up nozzle for the black ink is lower than the rest. Could be just an optical illusion. Is it possible that it did somehow get pushed down a bit?

The print is better, but there are a few nozzles that are probably still clogged as the nozzle check comes out with some areas that didn't print.

dragonfire0528

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Tried cleaning the printhead "again" and was able to get it to print much better when I printed the nozzle check. Also not much black ink pooling around the stopper or bulding up on the printhead, but when I tried to print a document, you can see where there are areas that the black ink is not printing well.

Don't know and don't understand what is happening.......